When the SR20 engine was first re-built, it was dyno tuned so it would run correctly but nothing much was done to extract a lot of horse power. It produced 235 HP at the rear wheels.
March 2014 : After fitting a Haltech Wideband O2 sensor and a Haltech Boost Control Solenoid it was time to have the engine dyno tuned again to extract some more power. The first runs proved the engine was still producing the same HP curve then 2 Key parameters were changed.
1) The VVT was enabled - This gave an extra 30 HP at the rear wheels around 4000 RPM with very little impact on the maximum HP @ 6500 RPM
2) The boost was increased from a flat 11 PSI to 16 PSI @ 4000 RPM with a roll off to 14.5 PSI at 6500 RPM. This added an extra 70 HP @ 4000 RPM and 40HP @ 6500 RPM - Total increase of 100HP @ 4000RPM.
August 2014 : Since the previous dyno session I had fixed several leaks in the turbo plumbing which had slowly increased the boost pressure. I ended up blowing the turbo to pieces and whilst no one can give me a definitive reason why the Turbo failed the cause of failure was clearly overheating so I decided the engine tune needed some more extensive investigation. The guys at Signature Performance found a few more leaks around the throttle body. I also had a Haltech intake air sensor fitted and the OEM water temp sensor replaced with a Haltech item. Testing revealed a dicky injector and an intermittent electrical fault on the CAS. New Injectors have been fitted and the CAS connector replaced.
September 2017 : The engine was stripped down and checked for any possible issues. Nothing nasty was found during the strip down rebuild but a few minor changes were made internally. A fresh Dyno Tune seemed like the right thing to do and this time we achived a result of 298HP on standard boost. I decided to leave it on standard boost until I can upgrade to bigger injectors and E85
January 2020 : After the conversion to E85 fuel it was time for a trip back to the dyno. A few basic settings that were changed included upping the fuel pressure from 35psi to 45psi (3 bar). The timing was advanced another 3deg and the boost increased to 15psi from the standard 10psi. The over all result was 378HP which im pretty happy with. 15psi is a safe option, I wasn't keen on going into the silly boost figues just to get a big HP number and risk destroying the engine. I want to have some fun racing